International Student - Application
We look forward to receiving your application to study at New Plymouth Girls High School. We value International Students for the variety, richness and diversity they bring to our school. We accept students for a range of programmes from Years 9-13. We offer long term placements, and are happy to discuss short term stays for both individual and groups.
For further information contact Kerrie Wootton via
- NZ Local: (06) 757 3848
- International: +64 6 757 3848
- Contact via Email
- Confidential Health Information Form
- Secondary student contract of enrolment
The process for applications is as follows:
- Application is received by the school.
- School reviews the application
- Student interview by Skype
- School either accepts, declines or asks for further information to enable a decision
- If accepted, the school generates an invoice and a Conditional Offer of Place document and sends these to the agent and/or family.
- Payment of fees
- School generates a receipt and Confirmed Offer of Place and sends these to the agent and/or family.
- The family then completes their visa application and provides the receipt and confirmed offer as supporting documentation.
- Provided Immigration NZ rules have been met, Immigration NZ will issue a student visa.
- School then begins arrangements for hostel/homestay accommodation and Medical/Travel Insurance
- On arrival student supplies copies of passport and visa approval letter or visa page from the passport for our records – which ever applies
New Plymouth Girls’ High School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. Copies of the Code are available from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website and can be found at: NZQA: The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016
If you have a dispute about the education you are receiving in New Zealand, there is a complaints process to guide you to resolve the issue, and if not resolved, progress it further.