- New Plymouth Girls’ High School is recognized both nationally and beyond New Zealand for providing excellence in education.
- High academic standards.
- A wide range of extra-curricular sporting and cultural activities offered. High achievement nationally in all areas. Sport, Music, Art, Dance and Drama are “Centres of Excellence” in the school.
- Strong links with all universities (Massey, Victoria, Waikato, Auckland, Canterbury and Otago). NPGHS students are favoured for university hostel places.
- International students that are highly valued for the variety, richness and diversity they bring to the school. Excellent pastoral care in accordance with the NZ Government Code of Practice.
- Attractive spacious grounds. Well-equipped classrooms and specialist areas e.g. two gymnasia, two drama suites and a music suite.
- International students are an important part of the school student leadership team which has real status in the school. Leaders are advocates for international students and organize regular social activities for them that link them with local students.
- Generous ESOL provision within the school curriculum and extra language support available where required. A comprehensive orientation and support programme for new international students linked to NZ students as mentors and friends.
- 150 bed modern on-site Hostel recommended to international students in their first year away from home (longer if parents require). Quality homestays also available.
- We welcome contact with families and will do our best to keep them up to date with information about their daughter's progress.
New Plymouth is a beautiful coastal town, located in the Taranaki region on the West Coast of the North Island with a population of approximately 74,000. Renowned for its beautiful Mountain and stunning surf beaches. It is one of a very few places where you can go to the snow and the beach in one day!
We have a wonderful coastal walkway that stretches from the Port to Bellblock where you can walk, run, skate and bike. With no shortage of things to do, New Plymouth offers a broad range of activities including the arts, music, culture, botanical, birdlife and the walks and waterfalls are plentiful.
New Plymouth has won multiple awards and in 2017 was voted one of the world’s top regions to visit by Lonely Planet.