Bring Your Own Device
possible students should bring a device to school to use to
support their learning.
It is recommended that the device has at least:
10’’ screen, wifi and day long battery life.
(Smart phones are not suitable devices for most
classroom learning activities)
- There are some school owned devices that students can use at school.
- As part of our school Microsoft license all students can download and install MS Office products on their devices (5) via their NPGHS Office365 account. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY OFFICE FOR YOUR DEVICE.
- Owners should take care over the security of any devices brought to school. They are brought to school at the owner’s risk and are not covered by any school insurance. Parents and caregivers are advised to check the status of their own insurance cover for them.
- Use of devices will be determined by the teacher. The Building Positive Relationships (BPR) Programme has been extended to cover any issues that may arise.
- The school Wi-Fi network internet access is filtered in the same way as access via school computers. User access will be logged and can be monitored.
- The school cannot monitor student’s own mobile data plan internet usage on personal devices.
The following vendors have suitable devices for purchase
Login: npghs Password: npghsbyod