Why New Plymouth Girls' High School?
- New Plymouth Girls’ High School is recognized both nationally and beyond New Zealand for providing excellence in education.
- High academic standards e.g. in 2011, 33 NZ Scholarships earned, including an Outstanding scholarship in Economics which was also first in New Zealand.
- A wide range of extra-curricular sporting and cultural activities offered. High achievement nationally in all areas. Sport, Music, Art, Dance and Drama are “Centres of Excellence” in the school.
- Strong links with all universities (Massey, Victoria, Waikato, Auckland, Canterbury and Otago). NPGHS students are favoured for university hostel places.
- Small number of international students. International students are highly valued for the variety, richness and diversity they bring to the school. Excellent pastoral care in accordance with the NZ Government Code of Practice.
- Attractive spacious grounds. Fully networked - including the hostel. Well-equipped classrooms and specialist areas e.g. two gymnasia, two drama suites and a music suite.
- International students are an important part of the school student leadership team which has real status in the school. Leaders are advocates for international students and organize regular social activities for them that link them with local students.
- Generous ESOL provision within the school curriculum and extra language support available where required. A comprehensive orientation and support programme for new international students linked to NZ students as mentors and friends.
- 150 bed modern on-site Hostel recommended to international students in their first year away from home (longer if parents require). Quality homestays also available.
- We welcome contact with families and will do our best to keep them up to date with information about their daughter's progress.
For further information, please visit the dedicated New Plymouth Girls' High International Student website. Packed full of information about the school, how to enroll, fees, accommodation information and links to the wonderful attractions the Taranaki region has to offer.
Available in 7 languages.